Sometimes we may recommend to set up a direct connection from your Epson printer to the ColorProof PC. If the printer is sitting near to the PC, then this setup is ideal because it rules out any network interference during printing and measuring.
Your PC will require two Ethernet ports. The first is required to allow connection to your normal network for internet access, folder sharing and remote support. The second allows you to connect the printer directly to the PC. If your PC does not have two Ethernet ports, then a USB to Ethernet adapter can be purchased for a reasonable price.
Instructions for the configuration can be found below. Please feel free to contact us in case any assistance is required.
Note: if you are using a USB to Ethernet adapter for the second port, this should be used for your standard internet/network connection. The printer should be connected directly to the Ethernet port in the PC, and not via an adapter.
1. Connect to your local area network as normal using the first Ethernet port.
2. Connect the printer directly to the second Ethernet port. Restart the printer to enable crossover mode.
3. In Control Panel > Network and Sharing Centre > Change Adapter Settings, right-click on the Ethernet adapter that will be used for the printer and click Properties.
4. Click Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and choose Properties again.
5. Set the following configuration. This configuration is just a dummy connection (in theory any IP can be set - make sure it doesn't clash with your LAN).
IP address: 192.168.1.10
Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
Default gateway: empty
DNS settings: empty
6. Now configure the IP on the printer. Go to the printer and press the right arrow button to access the main menu. Scroll to Network Setup.
7. Under Network Settings, scroll to 'Show' or 'Enable' (if necessary) and click OK.
8. Go back using the left arrow once enabled to view all the detailed setting options.
9. Scroll to 'IP Address Setting' and ensure 'Panel' is ticked on. If not, scroll to Panel and click OK.
10. Use the left arrow to go back and then scroll to IP, SM, DG Setting.
11. This setting has three pages where the following numbers can be set, starting with the IP Address and ending on the last page with the Default Gateway. The numbers can be set using the up/down arrows. You can scroll between the numbers and the pages using the left/right arrows.
IP address: 192.168.1.20
Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
Default gateway: 192.168.1.10
12. If you didn't use the recommended setup in step 5 because it clashes with your LAN, make sure to match the above setup to the range that you did use.
13. Once set, exit the menus saving any changes if prompted.
14. Restart the printer if required.
15. In ColorProof, set the printer IP under Output > Configure Printer > IP Address.