In many cases we will connect to your GMG system remotely through TeamViewer to provide troubleshooting and support. Occasionally the TeamViewer connection cannot be established, even though there is a working internet connection.
- A black screen is shown
- Stuck on 'Initialising display parameters'
- Error 'The screen cannot be captured at the moment'
This usually occurs when TeamViewer is running but there is no display to capture:
- There is no monitor connected to the computer.
- The connection is being blocked by a firewall or antivirus.
- Most commonly, another user is connected using Remote Desktop to the same PC, and has the session minimised.
If there is an active Windows Remote Desktop session on the GMG computer, and the person connected has the RDP window minimised, there is no possibility for TeamViewer to grab the screen of the computer.
Ensure that all Remote Desktop sessions are either maximised (full screen) or closed completely. If you cannot be sure who is connected, then create a new remote desktop session and maximise the window.