For every 10 colour calibration, a pre-linearisation chart is printed first. This often includes the colours, green, orange, violet, red or blue.
The pre-linearisation chart is printed twice - the first being compared to the second - with a dE result.
If the colours are not consistent, the calibration may fail with the warning "Calibration failed: pre-linearisation results are exceeding the defined tolerances".
There are several steps you can take to try to resolve the issue before contacting the support team:
- Shake all of the ink cartridges gently for 10-15 seconds, particularly the orange/green/violet.
- Make sure the inks are not past their expiry date.
- Check that the correct media is loaded.
- If you're reaching the end of the roll replace it with a full, new roll.
- Run 1-2 power cleans on the affected colours.
- Print a nozzle check pattern and ensure there are no blockages.
If the failures still persist, please contact support, where we will guide you through the next troubleshooting steps.