It is possible to adjust the paper tint of an MX4 profile to any CMYK value of your choice.
- Open the profile in ProfileEditor.
- Navigate to Tools then Color Value Correction.
- Make the changes in the first column ‘White’ to C, M, Y and K. For example, you may wish to add or subtract 2% magenta. In this case type +2 or -2 in the cell on row M, column White.
- The change is now complete. Save the profile and give it a different name if desired.
If using ProofControl Inline, you will need to reset the target values to generate new XML data.
- Go to Tools then Reset Target Values.
- Go to Measure then Estimate Target Values from CMYK.
- If the gamut is missing from the MX4, a warning will appear. Go to the Common tab and check in the bottom right-hand corner. Separation should be set to 'Inkjet' or 'Multicolor Inkjet', and the gamut path should be linked to the gamut file used by the calibration.
- During the calculation, tick 'Use Dot Gain' but leave the other checkbox unticked.
- Save the profile (give a different name if desired).
- In ColorProof:
- Go to the Database tab then Proof Standards.
- Open the properties of the relevant Proof Standard, or create a new one.
- Under Colour Management, link to the newly adjusted MX4 file (if changed).
- Under Proof Verification, click the Bin button (if applicable) and then the Green Tick (from Contone MX4) button.
The adjusted proof standard is now ready for verification.