GMG ColorProof and GMG ColorServer both come with built-in Proof Standards, such as 39L and 51L.
Sometimes it is necessary to use a custom Proof Standard. This may for a magazine or newspaper, or even a press.
Depending on your service level entitlement, you may be permitted a certain number of profiles created and installed per year. For some users, these profiles are chargeable.
When contacting GMG support to request a new profile, please make sure to include the following information:
- Type of profile, e.g. proofing (ColorProof) or conversion (ColorServer, ColorPlugin).
- Printing process and TAC level.
- Epson printer (e.g. SureColor P7000).
- Media (e.g. GMG Semimatte 250 OBA).
- Calibration mode (e.g. 10c 720 x 1440).
Currently, customers who purchase both media and ink from GMG are entitled to two free profiles per calendar year.
Customers subscribed to the GMG Platinum service are entitled to the following benefits:
- Advance notification of new proofing specifications and profile releases for all publications monitored by GMG Color Ltd
- New publication profiles created by GMG Color Ltd within ten working days of request
- Two additional custom profiles created by GMG Color Ltd within ten working days of request