Unlike the older models, x890, x900 and the Epson SureColor P series printers do not require much preparation when moving. The process is as follows:
- Leave the inks inside the machine
- Remove any loaded media
- There is no head lock involved, as when the printer is powered down the head automatically locks into place
- Disconnect any power cables and wheel/carry the printer to the moving van or lorry
- For larger printers, take the printer off the stand once it has been wheeled to the van or lorry. Usually this can be done by unscrewing the two bolts underneath the printer. This means the printer will not be top heavy.
The printer must be transported gently (especially over bumps) and can be connected up on the other side:
- Reassemble the printer and cables
- Power on the printer
- Print a test proof and nozzle pattern to ensure it is functioning correctly
- Reconfigure the IP of the printer for ColorProof via the configure printer button in the Output Tab.
Please note: When transporting the older model printers such as the x800 and x880 series please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for detailed instructions for transportation.