Note: this applies to ColorServer version 4 only.
Jobs aren’t appearing in your output folder?
It’s rare that ColorServer doesn’t behave. First, check that ColorServer is open and running.
Also ensure that the PC has been restarted, to restore any background services that may have failed.
Another common cause is hotfolders being unexpectedly paused.
Finally, if you are outputting to a networked drive, make sure it is active in My Computer. If the drive has dropped off the network, the files won’t be able to process.
Please contact GMG support if a deeper investigation is required.
How can I reset my ColorServer 4 environment?
Sometimes it is necessary to revert your ColorServer configuration to a clean one, as if it were new. It is possible to do this without reinstalling the software.
First, make sure you create an environment backup.
- Shut down ColorServer using the red cross (x).
- Open Task Manager (right-click on the taskbar and choose Task Manager).
- Go to the Processes tab and end MainManager.exe.
- Remove the following files from the folder C:\Program Files (x86)\GMG\ColorServer: cpHotSrv_dyn.dat, cpjobdb.dat, mxcache.dat, cpHotSrv.dat, cpPostAction.dat and printerpool.dat.
- In the same folder, remove all files beginning with protokoll.*
- Restart the PC.
- Launch ColorServer.
Now you have a clean environment with no hotfolders.