You can continue to use your own MX4 profiles for the x890, x900 series by converting them to the SC-P series in GMG ProfileEditor. In case you are using specific Noise values in a profile, you may need to check and if necessary decrease the values.
How to convert MX4 profiles to a new output color space
1. Open an MX4 profile in GMG ProfileEditor and click Tools > Convert Profile.
2. Select the desired target conversion and click OK to convert the profile.
3. Save the converted profile.
Noise Settings Recommendation
When converting MX4 Epson x900 proof profiles to the color space of the SureColor printers, we found that a reduction of the noise frequency of about 75% leads to a most comparable result. The intensity does not need to be adjusted.
Recalculating MXN (OpenColor) Profiles
GMG OpenColor profiles cannot be converted, but need to be recalculated with the new proofing condition.
1. Duplicate a Project and remove the current proofing condition.
2. On the Tools & Actions panel, click From Database and select the new proofing condition.
3. Calculate profiles for the new output color space.
GMG Conversion Service
We provide a GMG conversion service to ensure a smooth transition of Epson x890, x900 color assets on GMG media.
Your custom profiles will be evaluated, converted and rechecked by GMG experts. On request, the final profiles will even be implemented into your ColorProof 5 system.
Please contact us for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org.