Are you having problems connecting to the GMG RIP from a Mac or other device? Are the hot folders slow to connect and copy to?
The sharing of hot folders from the GMG Windows PC to other devices over your network is the responsibility of your IT department. However, we do have some useful pointers below that may help to solve your connection troubles.
- Check that your network is set to 'Work' or 'Private' and not 'Public'.
- Check that you can ping your GMG PC IP address from your Mac or computer. If the GMG PC is not reachable, it may not be on the same network range as your device.
- Make sure all the sharing settings are permitted in the control panel, under Network and sharing Centre > Advanced Sharing Settings.
- Check that your GMG hot folders are shared to 'Everyone' with both read and write permissions.
- If you are running the latest Mac OS, it is not possible to connect using a Guest account. Connect as a Registered User (using the same credentials that you log into the GMG PC with).
- If you are running the latest Mac OS, try connecting using cifs:// instead of smb://. Support for SMB has been removed in the newest Mac OS version.
- For example, cifs://pc name or cifs://ip address. Once connected, log in as a registered user and enter the same credentials used to log into the GMG PC. The GMG PC must be protected by a password.
This could also relate to a known Windows/OSX issue that is easy to fix (for Windows 7 only).
Please follow these instructions carefully:
· Click on the Windows start button
· In the search box type regedit, then select regedit at the top of the list
· Registry Editor should now open
· From the left window in Registry Editor expand the folder named HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
· Expand the subfolder named SYSTEM
· Expand the subfolder named CurrentControlSet
· Expand the subfolder named Control
· Expand the subfolder named Session Manager
· Click the folder named Memory Management
· From the right side window open the file (double click) named LargeSystemCache
· In the Value Data box enter 1
· Press okay
· Go back to the subfolder named CurrentControlSet
· Expand the subfolder named Services
· Expand the subfolder named LanmanServer
· Click the folder named Parameters
· Open the file named Size
· In the Value Data box enter 3
· Press okay
· Exit Registry Editor
· Restart Windows