How can I edit a job in ColorProof that is read-only?
Jobs that are exported manually or via remote proofing with embedded profiles are read-only after import. This means the job configuration is greyed out and it is not possible to change any of the settings.
By changing a setting in the configuration file, it is possible to edit read-only jobs.
Always make an environment back-up first.
- Shut down ColorProof, including the services by right-clicking on the ColorProof icon in the notification area and choosing ‘Shutdown.
- Navigate to the following folder: C:\Users\Public\GMG\ColorProof
- Double-click on the file ‘ColorProof.exe.config’ and open the file in Notepad.
- Change the string 'AllowOpenReadOnlyImportedJob' from false to true.
- Save and re-open ColorProof.