In GMG ColorProof, users can set up workflows or change workflow settings only in Administration mode.
This way, unintended changes are avoided. This is especially useful if different teams have access to the same computer. You can secure the administration mode by using a password.
We recommend setting up a password directly after program installation. If no password is set up at the beginning, any user can enter the Administration Mode and set up a password, thus locking the program settings for all other users. If you uninstall GMG ColorProof, the password information is not deleted from the registry. The password protection (using the old password) will still apply when reinstalling the program later.
How to set up or change the password
1. On the System menu, click Administrator Password.
The Change Password dialog box is displayed.
2. Type the appropriate password (if required) into the Old Password box. Type the new password into the New Password and Confirm Password boxes.
How to switch operating modes
1. On the System menu, click Administration Mode.
If a password has been set up, a dialog box is displayed asking you for the password. If no password has been set up, the operating mode is switched to Administration Mode at once.
2. Enter the appropriate password (if required).
You can now set up or change workflows.
How to deactivate the password protection
1. On the System menu, click No Password Protection.
2. Enter the appropriate password.
You can now toggle between standard and Administration mode without entering a password.