Calibration and ProofControl Failures
The first checklist below covers the main remote troubleshooting steps for cases where calibration and ProofControl failures are persistent. Once all remote checks have been completed but the failures are still present, an on-site service may be required.
- Shake all ink cartridges gently for 15 seconds.
- Check that the inks have not passed their expiry date. (This is written on the front of every ink cartridge)
- Ensure that the correct media is loaded and check the media setting in ColorProof.
- Print a nozzle check pattern to ensure all nozzles are firing correctly and repeat after performing any nozzle cleans. This can be done on the printer panel or in ColorProof. (For more details see the following article: Printing a nozzle check pattern)
- Check the results details for each calibration iteration to determine which inks may be at fault. (Double click the header of the dE column to order by maximum dE. Which patches are failing with the highest readings?) Perform nozzle cleans on the inks showing high dE results.
- Replace the roll with a full, new one – especially if you are near the end of the roll.
- Run a paper feed adjustment check – check out our paper feed article.
- Increase the drying time under the Change Media tab. Sometimes a little longer is needed, especially in older versions.
- Clean the white tile and backing plate inside the SpectroProofer and check the ILS status.
- Reset the calibration, as per our knowledge base article Resetting a calibration.
- Calibrate using a different calibration set – is more than one calibration and media failing?
- Consistent 22 to 24C. The general rule is that if you’re comfortable, your printer is comfortable!
- Away from heat and cooling sources (it’s especially important to keep the printer away from the path of any fans or air conditioners).
If the calibration failures are persistent, an engineer visit may be required. Please contact the support team for further assistance.
Engineering charges may apply. In some cases, parts may also be required.