An internet connection is required for installation and use of GMG ColorPlugin. The application downloads new profiles on demand (first use or using the download all functionality).
Downloading and Installing the Plugin
- Please make sure that Port 80 is cleared for inbound and outbound communication in your Firewall / Proxy Server for the application Photoshop.
- Download the installer from https://support.gmgcolor.com. After registering, go to Downloads > GMG ColorPlugin. Please note that this is a separate website and login to this UK portal.
- Copy the relevant installer to your desktop. There is one installer for Mac, and one for Windows.
- Extract the installer package.
- Close Photoshop.
- Double-click the installer file and follow the instructions of the installer. When the installation is complete, click the Finish button to exit the installer.
Requesting the Licence
- Open Adobe Photoshop.
- If not already enabled, go to Windows > Extensions > GMG ColorPlugin.
- Hit the gear wheel to open the general settings.
- Click on the Licencing button to open the licence overview.
- Ensure the 'Online' licence option is toggled.
- In the bottom right corner of the overview window, click Get Licence or Trial. Fill out the form as directed.
- Once complete, a trial licence is automatically generated and the plugin is ready to use. If part of a new order, please inform us of your serial number. If part of a demo, you will automatically be contacted by our sales team after the demo expires.
The Plugin is now ready to use. You can find the manual and documentation on the same website as the download, https://support.gmgcolor.com. This is under Knowledge Base > GMG ColorPlugin. Please note that this is a separate website and login to this UK portal.
Please feel free to contact us in case you have any questions or problems.