An internet connection is required for installation and use of GMG ColorPlugin. The application downloads new profiles on demand (first use or using the download all functionality).
Downloading and Installing the Plugin
- Please make sure that Port 80 is cleared for inbound and outbound communication in your Firewall / Proxy Server for the application Photoshop.
- Download the installer from https://support.gmgcolor.com. After registering, go to Downloads > GMG ColorPlugin. Please note that this is a separate website and login to this UK portal.
- Copy the relevant installer to your desktop. There is one installer for Mac, and one for Windows.
- Extract the installer package.
- Close Photoshop.
- Double-click the installer file and follow the instructions of the installer. When the installation is complete, click the Finish button to exit the installer.
Requesting the Licence
- Open Adobe Photoshop.
- Go to Windows > Extensions > GMG ColorPlugin.
- Hit the gear wheel to open the general settings.
- Click on the Licencing button to open the licence overview.
- Click on 'Request Licence'.
The licence request file (.lrq) will be saved to your desktop. Please email this licence file back to us so we can generate a licence for you.
Activating the Licence
When we return the licence to you (it can take several hours to generate), please follow the instructions below:
- Save the licence file you received onto your desktop.
- Click the 'Activate Licence' button in the licence overview window and load the *.lic file.
The Plugin is now ready to use. You can find the manual and documentation on the same website as the download, https://support.gmgcolor.com. This is under Knowledge Base > GMG ColorPlugin. Please note that this is a separate website and login to this UK portal.
Please feel free to contact us in case you have any questions or problems.